The Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) made history as Asia's first international convention center, setting a trend that led other countries to build their own.
Designed by Leandro V. Locsin, a Filipino National Artist in Architecture, the PICC Complex formally opened on September 5, 1976 to host the World Bank's International Monetary Fund Annual Meeting. After this, the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) established itself as one of the most versatile event arenas in the Asia-Pacific region by being the venue of political summits, medical conventions, and concerts of international artists as varied as Luciano Pavarotti, the Bolshoi Ballet, Ricky Martin and Burt Bacharach.
Built on reclaimed land along scenic Manila Bay in the Philippine capital, the PICC has more than 70,000 square meters of floor area and a range of facilities that can accommodate almost any gathering of any size.
The PICC has five (5) building modules, the Delegation Building, Secretariat Building, Plenary Hall, Reception Hall and The Forum. Spaces herein are versatile enough to be transformed into almost any number of settings for any kind of exhibition, convention or special event.
The PICC is the first of its kind in the Philippines, and the first international convention center in Asia.
- As an architectural landmark on its own housing the works of various Filipino master artists in painting and sculpture, it stands as a constant edifice in an ever-changing environment.
- A competitive advantage is its hugeness. With more than 70,000 square meters of floor area and five (5) building modules, it has a wide range of facilities that can accommodate almost any gathering of any size.
- It is rich in terms of cultural heritage and significance in Philippine history, having hosted countless prestigious and notable events such as Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit, World Law Conference, World Congress of Anaesthesiologists, 74th Annual World Dental Congress of the FDI and a roster of other events.
- It is strategically located at the heart of Manila, a few minutes away from the international airport, close to major hotels and exciting nightlife, shopping malls and other interesting tourist spots.
- The Center is a WiFi zone. It has an IT Support team on hand to cater to organizer’s IT requirement needs, such as wired and wireless internet connectivity, virtual private network (VPN), web casting, video conferencing, etc. including support services. All functions and meeting rooms have dedicated wired and wireless local area network control by unified tread management (UTM) for internet bandwidth speed allocation. Users can do video broadcasting, send and receive emails, web casting and video streaming or conduct video conferences anywhere in the Center.
- The Center is well-secured round the clock with closed circuit television cameras (CCTV). It is equipped with baggage x-ray machines and metal detectors. Roving security guards ensure safety and security in and around the venue.
- Meeting rooms are equipped with Simultaneous Interpretation System (SIS) from a minimum of two (2) to a maximum of seven (7) languages.
- The Center is equipped with ramps, porchlifts and elevators for the physically-challenged.
- It has ample parking spaces for as many as 400 vehicles.
- It has a medical clinic and ATM machines.
- The Center is a member in good standing with international & local associations such as the International Congress & Convention Association (ICCA), Assosacion Internationale Palais de Congres (AIPC), Tourism Promotions Board (TPB), & the Philippine Association of Congress/Exhibition Organizers & Suppliers (PACEOS).
- It adapts environmental programs such as energy efficiency, water conservation, waste management, and other environmental practices in air quality, buildings & lawns, food & beverage services, transportation, general office procedures and communications, training & capability building and purchasing & contract compliance. PICC continuously evaluates existing practices and looks for new and better alternatives that support sustainability, lessen negative environmental impact and make business sense.
- The core strength of PICC rests on the talent and expertise of its principals and professionals. PICC has a unique team of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience who are dedicated to provide the best customer service to its clients.
Click HERE to view the floor plan